Sunday, February 1, 2009

One from Dad

This is my first try at this, so here it goes. First of all I have to say that I am so lucky to have Brittany in my life. I have been through a lot with my health lately and I know with all my heart that I would not have made it through it without her. I am also so very grateful for Maddie and Paige, my two princesses. I'm so lucky.
So what's new, let's see. We went to my parents' house for a super bowl party. We were cheering for the Cardinals but they lost to the Steelers and the refs. Let them Play! I am a Kurt Warner fan because he brought the Rams a title. I was cheering for him. We had Maddie with us, and she and Paige played their hearts out today. Britt's surgery was a success. She is still having some discomfort, but when the dust settles, she'll be better off. The doctor told me that he had to remove a ton of scar tissue from where she had her appendectomy at 18 months. Britt told him numerous times that she was sure scar tissue was playing a part in her pain, and he concurred that when he operated on her. I wanted to say on Britt's behalf "Told ya so!" So with me on the mend, Britt heading that way too, our deductible more than likely already met, life's looking up. Also, Britt and I went and talked to our lawyer about me adopting Paige. We have the ball rolling on this. It will mean the world to me for her to officially be my daughter. I love her as one already anyway.

2 comments:

John and Charese said...

Great Job Doug! Wow, you adopting Paige~ that would be great! You are a great person, and I am so glad you all are so happy together. Now just get healthy so you can enjoying each other more! :)

Jason said...

Kurt Warner is a momma's boy.