Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another entry by Dad. I'm such a big boy!!

O.K. So a break from all of the continuous talk about my health issues. I think everyone's heard enough! So today we decided to buy Paige and Maddie a little pet beta fish. It's blue and very cool looking, and most importantly, easy to care for. Paige announced at the pet store that she wanted to name him Blue Ball. I told Britt that the name she picked just sounded too darn painful, considering he is a male fishy:-) So Paige agreed to change the name to Blue Bell. She comes up with the cutest names for things, as she has named each and every (of the 50 million or so that she and Mom have collected) webkinz that she owns. So the next step for us, a baby.........bird that Britt had her eyes on. Well there were two she was debating between, a parakeet and a finch. So we'll see. After that, we'll hear the pitter patter of little feet........once Yoda and Mary breed and give us kittens. Oh wait, they're fixed. Never mind. O.K. one minor note on my health (this blog just would not be the same without it). The MRSA staph in my head has spread over to the left side. But unbelievably it has not gone into the bone. My mom was right all those years growing up, nothing gets through my thick skull! The rest of my beautiful family are all doing well. Britt is wonderful as always and never ceases to make me happy on a daily, no hourly, no secondly basis. She is the best wife in the world and always provides this family with everything we need. I need emotional and practical support, she's there for me. Paige and Maddie need all the care 5 and 6 year olds need. She provides it perfectly. And the kitties need cuddles. They turn to her for that. They just use me to give them food out of the fridge that I'm not supposed to give them. Then when it comes to cuddles, despite me doing what I'm not supposed to for them, they both cuddle together on Britt's lap, then look at me like "Ha Ha Sucker!" Paige is still her cute self. I'm amazed at how much she has evolved and come out her shell. I credit some of it to Maddie, but most of it to Kindergarten. She is still a webkinzaholic and makes us smile daily. Maddie is still and will always be my little soul mate. She is doing so well in gymnastics , and at 6 is the only 6 year old member of level 3 gymnastics. The rest of the girls are 8-10. She can do full chin-ups and is so incredible on the bars. She has mellowed out a lot. A lot of credit for that goes to Paige. They really mesh well. One final note, thanks again to Sam and Josie for the fun party for the cutest one year old on the planet, little Eden. We sure had fun at the party. I hope you're all well. If you are, send some of the "Well" love my way. I'm needing it lately with my goofy, but darn painful illness. Take care everyone!

No comments: