Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dealing with pain through family time.

Hi this is Doug again. The last few weeks since my release from the hospital have been extremely hard. I've been in constant pain and am wondering if it will ever subside. Walking with a cane and walker is helping, but also because I'm only 33, I feel kinda silly. Britt confirms it and that's how we cope. Through laughter and silliness. But, the good news, I was able to qualify for 2 handicapped parking thingys. John, Britt's brother, is already in line to borrow one when he goes to a concert! Now I'll be popular!!
A couple Saturdays ago, Britt, Paige, Maddie and I went to my awesome home care nurse Sherry's house to ride horses. I walked the horse carrying Maddie and Paige, Sherry rode one and Britt rode one. The two of them are really good on a horse. I was so happy to see Britt enjoying herself on the horse like that. Maddie and Paige both did awesome for their first time. I tried getting on and within 10 seconds I had to get off because of my equalibrium and lack of balance. It was so fun. Britt, despite being really sore, is ready to get back out there and ride some more. The girls want to go again too so we are going to get another day planned.
Last Saturday, Paige, Maddie and I went on the train to Salt Lake with my cousin Tiffany and her kids. It was so fun. The kids ran through the fountain at the gateway. I watched while Tiff and her oldest daughter shopped. Blah!! Maddie, Paige and I also went to a Weber State football game that night. They defeated Idaho St. 44-17 after blowing their first two games.
My cousin Tiff and Britt and I are hanging out together a lot lately. She has had some really rough times, so she has looked to Britt and me for support. We are happy to be able to help her. She is there for me too with my health drama. There are days we hang out and vent to each other. It's very theraputic for both of us.
Note to Charese, we are glad that you are o.k. We were worried sick about you. We are here if you ever need anything. I hope the rest of you are good. My family is doing well and each day we strive to make it better than the day before. Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Now at least you have an excuse for your lack of balance. Seriously though, I hope you are doing ok. Too bad we don't live closer and we could hang out more and stuff.